Starting on August 20, 2022 at 14:00 UTC, Leicester City and Southampton will face off at the King Power Stadium in Leicester, England on Matchday 3. Both Teams had a Contrasting Result on Matchday 2. Leicester was humbled by Arsenal by 4-2. While Southampton Played a 2-2 Draw with the Leeds United.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Goal Scoring and Conceding Pattern (Last 5 Games)
|Goals scored||Goals conceded|
|First 15 minutes||1|
|16 to 30 minutes||2||1|
|31 to 45 minutes||1|
|46 to 60 minutes||3||2|
|61 to 75 minutes||2||3|
|76 to 90 minutes||2||1|
- Leicester has Scored 70% of its goals in the Second half at an average of 1.4 goals per match.
- Leicester Scores .6 goals in the First of the Match
- Leicester has Conceded 75% of its Goals in the Second half at 1.2 goals per match.
- Leicester has Conceded 0.20 Goals Per Match in the First Half.
|Goals Scored||Goals conceded|
|First 15 minutes||1||1|
|16 to 30 minutes||1|
|31 to 45 minutes||2|
|46 to 60 minutes||1||2|
|61 to 75 minutes||3||3|
|76 to 90 minutes||2|
- Southampton Scored 86% of its Goals in the Second half.
- Southampton Conceded 55% of its Goals in the Second half.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Team Stats Analysis
|Goals per game||1.63||1.13|
|Goals conceded per game||1.55||1.76|
|Clean Sheets %||18%||21%|
|Ball Possession %||52%||47%|
|Yellow Cards Avg||1.44||1.65|
|Red Cards Avg||.026||0.052|
Key Stats Analysis:
- Leicester City has done better than the typical EPL team. Leicester City scores 1.63 goals on average per game,.25 more than the average EPL team.
- Leicester City has weaknesses on the defensive side. They allow.16 more goals than the average EPL team. They average.48 more shots on target Against per game than the average EPL team.
- Southampton scores.30 goals fewer than the average in the English Premier League. They have, however, been extremely unlucky to not find the net more frequently as they have shown tremendous strength on shots on target, which is.20 greater than the average of the English Premier League.
- Southampton Defensive Play is very Poor. Saints Concedes 1 goal extra than a Typical EPL Side Every three games.
Leicester vs Southampton: Attack Analysis
|Average Shots on the Goals||Goals Per Match|
|James Ward Prowse||1.52||0.28|
Leicester City: Jamie Vardy, Maddison, Dewbury hall Forms the Major Share of the Goals Scored by the Foxes Last Year. The Duo of Vardy and Maddison Scored 0.95 Goals Last Season, Scoring 60% of the Goals for the Foxes. However, in Preseason and Matchday 1 and 2, Leicester has had 7 Different Goal Scorers.
Goal Scorers For Leicester in Preseason and Matchday 1 and 2
Southampton: Southampton’s assault will be led by James Ward and Che Adam. 50% of Southampton’s goals from last season came from both combined. As they struggle to create more opportunities, shots per game are inching up against their defence.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Midfield Analysis
|Passing Success rate||Key Passes Per Match|
The primary engines of Leicester’s midfield are Tielimans and Ndidi. Both players have brilliant key passes per match and excellent pass accuracy. Youri Tieleman’s strength is passing the ball and putting players like Vardy in position.
Conversely, Southampton depends on Walker Peters and Djenepo to create scoring opportunities. Each game, both players take more than one opportunity.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Defense Analysis
|Blocks||Clearances Per Match||Air Duel Success Ratio|
For the Foxes, a defensive wall is formed by Fofana, Amartey, and Evans. Trio Has Good Clearances Per Match Performance. Fofana outbids competitors on interceptions, though. However, the Foxes continue to be concerned about aerial supremacy battles when up against good sides on set-pieces.
Jan Bednarek and Mohammad Salisu have been under pressure for The Majority of games in the Last Season. They were the only bright spot as they performed well. They have one of the highest Clearances per match. Both Combined at 7.8 Clearances per Match, saving at least one goal per match.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Goalkeeper Stats
|Ward (Leicester City)||Gavin Bazunu (Southampton)|
|Goals Conceded (per Game)||1.2||1.2|
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Recent Form
With victories in all three of its preseason games, Leicester has been strong heading into the Premier League. But on Matchdays 1 and 2, it was discovered that The Foxes were in a difficult situation. A draw with Brentford and a defeat to the Gunners. In both the games, they have been let down by their Defence
Southampton, on the other hand, has only won 1 out of their Last Five games, Scoring 7 goals and conceding nine goals with their defence Looking unorganized.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Head-to-Head Analysis
Leicester City has played 96 games with Southampton. Foxes have won 32 games, While Saints have Won 34 games and 30 have ended up in a Draw.
Talking about the last five games, Foxes have Won four, while one game ended up in a draw.
|Highest Goal Scorer||Vardy||Che adams|
Key Highlights from this fixture:
- Leicester city and Southampton in total has scored 14 goals in the last five matches against each other at 2.8 goals Per Match.
- Vardy has scored four goals against Southampton in the Last Five Matches.
- Leicester City scores more goals against Southampton than a typical EPL side and Concedes Less.
- Southampton, on the other hand, Scores Less than its Average against Leicester and Concedes more.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Odds
The Fctables website known for giving out accurate predictions has given a 52% chance to the hosts whereas Saints are way behind at 23%. In terms of odds, Foxes has odds of 1.88 with Southampton as Outside Favourites at 4.20.
Leicester vs Southampton Prediction: Last Match Summary
Leicester made a great start, preventing Arsenal from gaining any momentum, but Jesus gave his team the lead with an incredible goal.
He then added a header from a corner kick to give his club a 2-0 lead at halftime.
A William Saliba own goal and a James Maddison shot that deflected off the goalie gave Leicester City two goals in the second half to appear to tie the game, but the Gunners responded each time with goals from Granit Xhaka and Gabriel Martinelli, both of whom received help from Jesus.
Just before halfway, Leicester got a penalty kick that was later cancelled after a video review determined that Jamie Vardy intentionally sought out Arsenal goalie Aaron Ramsdale.
On the Other Side, Saints was taken aback when By the hour mark, Rodrigo had given the visitors a two-goal lead, and Leeds appeared to be heading for their second victory of the year. However, Ralph Hasenhuttl’s tactical change offered Saints a crucial lifeline.