|Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction
When is Southampton most likely to score a goal? Southampton has Scored 75% of their goals in the second half in the last five games.
When is Chelsea most likely to score a goal? Chelsea is most likely to score in the first half against Southampton. Blues have scored first 80% of the time against Southampton in the last five games.
The Southampton City Football Club will take on Chelsea at St. Mary’s stadium, Southampton city, England, starting on 30 Aug 2022 at 18:45 UTC. Both teams had Contrasting Result on Matchday 3.
Southampton was defeated by Man United in a low scoring goal, where Bruno Fernandes second half goal proved enough to separate the two Sides. Conversely, Chelsea played a high octane Clash with Leicester where Inspired Sterling’s brace proved to be a difference in a game which saw Gallagher sent off.
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Southampton has scored 1.6 goals per match in the last five matches.
- Southampton has conceded 1.6 goals per match in the last five matches.
- Southampton’s all goals has been scored by three players.
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes||1|
|16 to 30 minutes||1||1|
|31 to 45 minutes||1|
|46 to 60 minutes||1||4|
|61 to 75 minutes||2||2|
|76 to 90 minutes||3|
|Total (Last 5 Matches)||8||8|
- Chelsea has scored 9 goals in the last five match at 1.8 goals per match
- Chelsea has conceded 7 goals in the last five match at 1.4 goals per match.
- Chelsea has had 5 different Goal scorers in the last five matches.
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes|
|16 to 30 minutes||2|
|31 to 45 minutes||2||3|
|46 to 60 minutes||1|
|61 to 75 minutes||1||3|
|76 to 90 minutes||2||1|
|Total (Last 5 Games)||9||7|
- Che Adams, Joe Aribo and James Ward Prawse has scored all the Goals for Southampton so far.
- James Ward Prawse has one assist to his name,
- Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount and Jorginho has scored 80% of the goals for Chelsea.
- Raheem Sterling and Mason Mount has one assist a Piece.
Top Scorers for Southampton in Last Season:
- James Ward Prawse: 10
- Che Adams: 7
- Aramando Broja: 6
Top Scorers for Chelsea in Last Season:
- Mason Mount: 11
- Romelu Lukaku: 8
- Kai Havertz: 8
|Average Shots per Match||Goals per Match|
|James Ward Prawse||1||0.2|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Yellow Card Statistics
|Yellow Cards per match|
|Yellow Cards per match|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Southampton’s Defence has failed to keep a clean sheet in the last 5 matches and has conceded 9 goals. However, since the debut of Bella Kotchup, they have conceded 0.54 fewer goals per match.
- In the defence department, the Blues have players like Cucurella and Thiago Sliva. Koulibaly has played at an average of 0.8 clearances per game so far. He has also added 1 assists to his name. Silva has maintained an average of 2.0 tackles per match so far, with 67% success in the ground duels.
|Clearances Per Game||Tackles Success|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: goalkeeper Stats
- Edouard Mendy is a highly experienced goalkeeper. In the last season, he had as many as 14 clean sheets. He is expected to not give any easy chances to the Foxes in the upcoming match up.
- Bazunu has been under the pressure in 80% of the games. However, Southampton’s Goalkeeper has saved 71% of the Shots.
|Goals Conceded (per Game)||1.25||1.25|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Team Stats (All Competitions)
|Goals per game||1.25||1.25|
|Goals conceding per game||2.00||1.50|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 111 | Southampton: 31 | Draw: 31 | Chelsea: 49
Recent 5 Meetings: Southampton: – | Draw: 2 | Chelsea: 3
Last Meeting: Chelsea humbled Southampton in the Last Premier League Clash with a score of 6-0.
Key Highlights: This Fixture by the Numbers
In the Last Five games between both sides, Southampton has :
- Southampton has scored 1.25 goals per match.
- Southampton has scored 65% of the goals in the second half.
- Southampton has scored 0.8 goals in the last five home games.
In the Last Five games between both sides, Chelsea has:
- Chelsea has scored 3.8 goals per match.
- Chelsea has scored 1st on four occasions.
- Chelsea has scored 3.8 goals per match at Southampton’s home Venue.
Last Five games between both sides has seen 5 goals per match
Last Five games between both Sides at St Mary’s Park has seen 4.6 goals per match
Biggest Victory Belongs to Chelsea by 6-0
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Odds
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Predicted Line-up
Southampton: (3-4-2-1) Bazunu; Bednarek, Bella- Kotchup, Salisu; Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Djenepo; Aribo, Mara; C Adams
Chelsea (4-4-2): Mendy; James, Silva, Koulibaly; Loftus-Cheek, Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Cucurella; Havertz, Sterling
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Strengths and Weakness
- Attacking Down the Wings
- Strong at through ball attacks
- Strong at Interception.
- Counter Attacks.
- Weak at Keeping Possession of the ball
- Defending against attack from the Wingers.
- Aerial Duels
- Creating Chance through Set Pieces
- Good at Long Shots
- Too many Individual Errors
- Defending Set pieces
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Final Analysis and Prediction
Southampton has been hot and Cold this Season. Started with a 4-1 drubbing to Tottenham, in the next game played an entertaining draw against Leeds. However, it Looked Like Southampton are well on their way to leave a mark on this Premier League after their inspired Victory over Leicester only to falter against United in their home game. Southampton has won only one game in the last four matches. They have failed to put a Complete Performance so far Where their all facets of the game are in sync with each other.
Chelsea on the other side has looked decent in the last five games, except against Leeds where the blues were humbled by a Rejuvenated Leeds side who took them down 3-0. Chelsea in the last few games has been taken aback by Injuries. The key players like Ngolo Kante, Koulibaly are out. In the last two games, Chelsea has conceded 2 goals per match, which is .6 goals higher than the last five games.
There is no denying that Chelsea is the Superior side than Southampton on better head-to-head form, Form and Player’s quality. Blues has scored close to four goals per match in the last five games. The Chelsea has Enough quality to take down saints. We are going in for Chelsea to win 2-1.
Also read: Nottingham vs Tottenham Prediction